The final roundtable on Digital and Media Literacy for Active Citizenship Digital took place on Friday, May 21 at 10 am CET online (Zoom platform).
During the event, stakeholders had the opportunity to discuss the promotion of critical thinking and democratic values in digital spaces.
LLLP President, Arja Krauchenberg hosted the debate. The event started with an overview of the DIMELI4AC project from Richard Heise (project coordinator). The speakers participating in the panel discussion had diverse expertise on the topic, being from a digital angle or education, or citizenship or youth/adult learners. The topic crosses many of the EU policy agendas (education, digitalisation, rights).
The initial intervention was followed by a Q&A with participants of the one-week training on the same topic. The open discussion with participants highlighted the links and synergies that exist or should exist in order to draft policy recommendations for EU policymakers.
Speakers of the Interactive panel discussion with experts “The role of digital skills and media literacy in empowering learners to become active citizens”:
- Flavio Grazian, Participatory Democracy Manager, European Citizen Action Service
- Susanne Zels, Co-founder and Manager of Values Unite
- Peter Palvolgyi, CEO of All Digital
- Panagiotis Chatzimichail, Advocacy & Programmes Assistant at EAEA and member of the Board of the European Youth Forum
- Kaspars Ābelnīca, Board member of ESN