On February 17-18, the DIMELI4AC partners flew to Pallini (Greece) to discuss the work done in the past few months and decide on the next steps towards the implementation of the DIMELI@SCHOOL programme.
DIMELI4AC is an Erasmus+ KA2 project which aims to promote the development of digital media literacy (DML) and critical thinking skills among students aged 10 to 15 with the support of their parents, teachers and schools.
After concluding the initial research stage and finalizing a Competence Framework, we have been hard at work to develop teaching and learning materials for students on the topic of digital and media literacy. The resources, which will eventually become part of a comprehensive implementation pack for schools, cover six crucial topics within the framework of digital media literacy education:
Each Module will contain a minimum of three resources:
- A PowerPoint presentation: to easily present the topic in class
- Teachers’ notes: to guide teachers in planning DML classes
- Pre- and post-assessment: to evaluate students’ understanding and issue Open Badges
All resources will become available before summer on the DIMELI e-learning platform, where students, teachers and parents will be able to access the files and communicate with each other through the forum.
Until the end of the year, our consortium plans to focus on the next two crucial resources:
- An interactive game for students which will allow them to test their knowledge and, after obtaining an Open Badge for each of the six modules, receive the overall DIMELI Open Badge;
- An Implementation Pack for schools, containing all necessary resources to implement the DIMELI4AC programme in their classrooms (including teaching and training materials, GDPR consent form templates, promotional material etc.)
After a pleasant and productive two days, we are looking forward to the months to come and to the opportunity to test our training materials before the project final conference, which will take place in Brussels (Belgium) in the spring of 2021.